So I’ve been wanting to get back into making mixtapes for awhile now, but I’ve just been trying to figure out the best method to go about making them. 8tracks seems like the way to go for the time being. I might start doing this with worthy songs that I didn’t get to feature during the week.
This first mix is titled, Late Night Maneuvers. Handpicked, seductive tracks from some of hip-hop’s most conscious thinkers and lyricists. These deep grooves are sure to put you in a state of relaxation for the next half hour or so. I guarantee that this won’t be the last mix in this style. Late Night Maneuvers II coming soon.
1. Talib Kweli – Talk To You (Lil’ Darlin’) (feat. Bilal)
2. Mos Def – The Panties
3. Pharoahe Monch – So Good
4. Common – Nag Champa (Afrodisiac For The World)
5. Q-Tip – Lisa
6. Electric Wire Hustle – Tom Boy
7. Slum Village – Closer (feat. Dwele)
8. Jesse Boykins III – Connected (feat. Theophilus London and Keys)